Sunday, December 24, 2006

Me, Myself and Books ....

I have officially decided that i love books. I may not read them a quarter as much as half of the people i know but i love the inspiration that i get from them. Seen as i am an absolute film fanatic most of some of the great books i've found through films, and dont think that the films that i am talking about are just the ones that have been made from the books, some of them are .. yes but an another example is from films like "the good girl" which introduced me to "the catcher in the rye" which is one of my favourite books now.
My favourite author, Nicholas Sparks, was discovered by me from watching one of my favourite films, A walk to remember. So thanks to films i found him.
As much as i love the books that i read, it is the authors that particularly get my attention because of the fact that they have this power to create something that is so unique and flawless. that nobody has ever seen or heard of before. The characters are so intense and dominant without doing anything, becuase they are there but they at the same time arent there. It's genius. I like to watch on the special features of some Dvd's if the author is talking because that is the truly inspiring thing, hearing them talk about something that only they, in their minds, know everything about. No matter how many people claim to know the books and characters inside out, only the people that created these characters know them.

No comments: